Monday, December 9, 2013

Hello!! from the Philippines 12-8-13

I like to think Ryan's saying "Hi" real loud to all of us in this photo :)
Hello everyone! 
This week was a pretty good week. I came to appreciate the Atonement of Jesus Christ again and how encompassing it really is in my life. I wish I could say that everyday I was perfect and did everything perfectly, but I can't. I'm only human. I still make mistakes, I still have problems and trials and temptations and all that bad stuff. But even though sometimes I slip, the Savior is always there to pick us up, dust us off, give us a pat on the butt and tell us to do better next time. (maybe not the last part, but in my mind, the Savior is like the perfect football coach.. haha) I'm grateful for my mission. I was reflecting last night and I realized that after this transfer finishes, I will only have 4.5 transfers left.. That is so crazy! Just over 6 months. Where has the time gone? It still feels like yesterday that I was walking around the MTC thinking I was all that because I was delayed 3 weeks and I knew everything there was to know about the gospel and about teaching and about missionary work. Oh how naive I was... Haha. 

This week was okay. We didn't work as hard as we could have and I will definitely take some responsibility for it, but my companion only has two transfers left and he is starting to get trunky and it really affects our work and relationship. I find that in those moments that he doesn't want to work, that I lose patience and get frustrated and then we lose the Spirit and don't work as effectively as we could. That's something that I have been working on. It's difficult, but not impossible. He isn't like disobedient, but just lax on the schedule and with wasting time with the members. 

We didn't really have anything that cool happen this week, but this week will be crazy! We have Christmas Conference tomorrow and then on Wednesday we have Mission Leadership Council. Thursday we continue to go on exchanges with the missionaries in our Zone and then Friday and Saturday we have to work. Sunday we have meetings all day and then next week is transfers so these next two weeks will be crazy busy! But that's okay! 

I am so grateful for the Christmas season and all that it brings. Each year, we receive gifts and give gifts as a tradition and something that we have been inviting people to do is to give gifts to the Savior by following the direction given in John 14:15 and also in Mosiah 2:17. Remember, when we serve others that we are only serving God and we are also keeping the commandment to love one another. I know this Church is true! 

Love,

Elder Head


Demonstrating how to teach about the gospel for ward missionary training

No comments:

Post a Comment