Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Where's Elder Head? Returning to India

Hello everyone!! 
So my mom says that she already told everyone, but..... I GOT MY VISA AND I'M GOING BACK TO INDIA TOMORROW! 
My flight leaves at 3:05pm from the Manila International Airport and we arrive in Kuala Lumpur in Malaysia at about 7ish and then continue on our next flight to Bangalore arriving in India at about... 11:30pm ish. Haha so it's going to be another LONG day of flights and what not. I counted and I have spent almost 60 hours of my mission flying around and stuff. 

I'm really excited to go back to India, but its kind of a bittersweet feeling. I always talk about the hard times and stuff (probably because that is the stuff that sticks out most) but my overall experience here in the Philippines has been an absolutely AMAZING experience. I have been able to hang out with and become friends with so many different people all over the world and it is just really exciting to be here. The mission was going to make some changes that will really improve the mission and right before it changed, we leave. But that's okay. I know that the time and effort that I gave here was not in vain and I gained so much more out of this experience than I gave. It's weird how the Lord blesses, but I'm grateful for this blessing. 

This week was the craziest week of my mission. 

Monday: Preparation day and we also had some last minute things that we had to get ready for our Christmas Conference. 
Tuesday: Philippines Quezon City Mission Christmas Conference. We hung out with President and Sister Revillo and half of the mission. We performed Christmas Tagalog songs and skits presented by each Zone. I have videos, but they are too big to send so you can all see them when I get home. That took the entire day. 
Wednesday: Mission Leadership Council. We discussed changes in the mission and they are implementing some new things here that will really improve the mission in a lot of ways. That took the whole day. 
Thursday: We were on District Leader exchanges with one of the DL's in our zone and that was fun. 
Friday: I got my visa and so the day was spent proselyting and saying some goodbyes. 
Saturday: Work day and we had a ward activity that we attended. 
Sunday: Church, First Presidency Devotional, and a Ward Missionary Training. I had to bear my testimony in Sacrament because I was leaving. 

That was my week! It is a brief oration of what transpired this week, but there was a lot more that went into it than that! I'm grateful to my Heavenly Father that He allowed me to come to the Philippines and be tested and tried. I know that everything that has happened is for my good and I'm excited to continue serving back in India. 

Love you all!


Elder Head














No comments:

Post a Comment