Monday, May 19, 2014

Elder Head is getting his last companion :) 44 days

Hello everyone! 

Well.. I was wrong. I thought that Elder George was going to be my last companion. I guess I was half right and half wrong. Visak 2nd Branch is my last area, but Elder George is not going to be my last companion. We got a call this week from President Berrett to transfer my companion from Visak to Hyderabad West Marredpally 1st Ward as the Zone Leader there. I already served in that ward so I'm pretty excited that he gets to go there, but I'm sad that he is leaving! We got along well and we worked well together. Oh well! The Lord has different plans I guess. My new companion's name is Elder Dhandapani, from Chennai. He has been out for a few months more than a year I guess.. It's good. I'll be the Senior Zone Leader and show him the ropes and then get the heck out of here! 

This week was pretty good other than that. Actually, it was a pretty rough week. We faced a lot of trials and problems with our investigators. We had a disaster baptism service this week.... We've been teaching this brother for about 4 weeks and he has a very good understanding of the gospel, he's just kind of..... weird. Haha he has a lot of pride. He's not from here, he's from Vijayawada. Anyways, so he was supposed to be baptized on Saturday, but my companion and I both felt that it wasn't right, that we needed to wait. Then he offended some of the members and left the church. Sounds like a spiritual experience right? Then I got scolded by the branch for that and then to put some icing on the cake, they asked me to speak about forgiveness in Sacrament meeting the next day. So I got my revenge. 

Haha just kidding. I did speak about forgiveness though and I really was able to feel the Spirit as I shared impromptu about forgiveness. The Savior was such a perfect example of faith, hope, and charity as He freely forgave others and wants us to do the same. I really appreciate the Savior's Atonement and His power -- and willingness -- to forgive weak people like me. 

So.. This is it. Six more of these letters. Enjoy them while they last!

Love,

Elder Head

No comments:

Post a Comment