Monday, August 20, 2012

Kakinada, India



Hello! 
This week was pretty normal for here I guess. Haha nothing like SUPER special happened but it was an easier week for me! I'm getting more and more adjusted to being here. Sometimes, we'll be riding our cycles down the road and I will look around and think: "Wow. I can't believe that I'm actually here in India." It is such a different place and it's so weird actually being here. 
Yesterday we had a District Conference in Rajahmundry (Rah-jah-mun-dree) and we listened to President Funk and his wife speak. There were about 5 branches there and maybe like.. 200-300 people there? It wasn't a ton of people but we had a lot of people (especially recent converts and investigators) from Kakinada there. It was super nice. So a little bit about Kakinada. Technically, it is a village, but it has about 500,000 people living in it. Its crazy how many people are here. The members are so amazing. We had over 100 people at the District Conference. It was so cool! The work here is going so well. I've only been homesick once or twice, but I'm mainly homesick for the normalcy of life in America. I don't really miss any of you ;) haha just kidding! But India is just so different here. All of the food is spicy and sometimes I can barely talk because my tongue and lips are tingling so bad from the spice, but it goes away really quick. Especially with some tears. The water is purified in jugs and that's where we get all of our water. I'm sorry this is short. I don't have a ton of time to type today. My cycle broke this week and so I'm off to use the debit card the mission gave me to pay for it! I love you all and am so grateful for this gospel. I love that I can go out and teach the people here. In Kakinada, the people love the missionaries so much. Even nonmembers that AREN'T investigating the church will always yell hello to me and ask me things. The kids all love me and want to touch my hand. It's pretty funny. Having Elder Taylor (from Nephi) is super nice. We talk a lot and its helpful. 
I love you! The Church is true! Also, use Matthew 11:28-30 or Helaman 5:12 for my plaque. I like both of those scriptures! 
Thanks Krista and Lindsay and Sophie for the emails! 
Love,
Elder Head! :) <3 

Elder Head's 1st area - Kakinada

No comments:

Post a Comment