Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Week 5....still waiting :)


Hello everyone! So once again, another week with no visas! :( I mean don't get me wrong... The MTC is great, but I just want to get out of here! Luckily for all of you, I have some pretty cool stuff going on this week so I have a few more things to talk about!
First off: on Wednesday, our supervisor for the India districts gave us some great news! We can now work in the Referral Center, chatting online with people from around the world!! It is so much better than being stuck in the classroom all day. Our teachers are amazing and we learn a ton, but being stuck in a classroom for 6 hours a day just reviewing all of the things that we have already been taught kinda sucks. I know how all the language people feel now though. We are 5th weekers now and are almost jealous of the people learning languages. They get to have half of their class time for language and not all gospel. Sitting in a class being taught the gospel is great and the Spirit is amazing, but I can only sit in that classroom for so long before I want to jump out the window and have an excuse to leave the MTC, even if it means taking a trip to the hospital. Just kidding!! Kinda. On a normal day, we spend roughly 11 hours in the classroom each day, whether it be studying or learning or attempting to learn. But the Referral Center makes that all better! On Mormon.org you can chat with real missionaries about anything relating to the Church. I get to talk with real people on Thursday through Saturday at 6:30 PM- 9:00 PM! Three hours of talking to real people, like 4 days out of the week! It's been way interesting so far! Everyone that I talk to thinks that Mormons are: racists, polygamists, homophobes, or deprived. It is kinda frustrating having to answer the same questions over and over again but hey! At least they are real people! :) I got to work with Sarah Anderson's older brother Bryan the other day and that was kinda cool. All the teachers that work in there are mega-geniuses when it comes to answering weird questions. But so far I've placed 2 Book of Mormons and referred two other people to the missionaries. It is so nice to feel like I'm actually doing something! And about Elder Farnworth.. His P-Day was earlier than mine and we don't write letters until P-Day so that's why you hear from him before me. So don't give me a guilt trip! Haha well.. We get two temple days as well! It's pretty awesome to get to go to the temple once more than everyone else in the entire MTC! It is so awesome.
We saw another district of missionaries leave before us now.. That's 4 districts that we have seen leave and its looking like we will be here for our second set of zone leaders. We will get a new set on Sunday and they will be our third. Our district is like the old people in the ward that no one really wants to talk to because we are attention starved and want to talk about all the experience we have. We get to help teach the districts stuff though. Which is totally rad!  I look WAY smarter than everyone else and it's totally awesome!
I was so happy/sad for Elder Farnworth. Happy that he got to leave, sad because he left before me. It is only fair that he leaves before me, but I just really wanted to leave before him because that would have been totally awesome and I could have given him some hints for the field ;) haha! I miss him though.. It was nice to get to see him around but he is going to do so awesome in Chile. They really are so lucky to have him. I tried to get him to stay a little longer and just go to India with me and also to teach me some more Spanish, but he just got up and left the country. I was totally mad. I now have all three of the Spanish language books that the missionaries use for learning the language and I also have a Spanish Preach My Gospel! I'm gonna be fluent in no time! I also wrote Call Me Maybe into Spanish. Productive week! :)
So shout-outs? Um.. One for Elder Cunha, my district leader, for totally reading  my email over my shoulder! What an awkward person. Also, one to Sister Hill, in my zone, for saying that I'm really funny. Rachel Corlett and Marlies Robinson wrote me last week which was pretty nice of them. CONGRATS TO EDWARD ON THE MISSION CALL! I was so happy for you when I found out that I went and yelled at my whole district about it even though none of them cared at all. True friendship! Also, happy birthdays to two of my favorite aunts in the whole world, Krista and Lindsay! I know that Lindsay's is far away and all, but who knows when I'll be leaving and I don't want to miss it.
Well, I love all of you so much! Thanks for all the love and support and prayers! I feel blessed every single day and I know that I have at least a couple people on my side, praying for me! We learned a ton about the Book of Mormon this week and we are trying to read the whole book before we leave. I read 75 pages the first day and then got lazy... But I'm trying hard to finish! Have a great week!
Love, Elder Head

No comments:

Post a Comment