Monday, December 17, 2012

It's a week before Christmas and all through INDIA....


Hello everyone! 
This week was a pretty good, weird week!
My companion got really sick on Monday, so Tuesday and Wednesday we spent a lot of the time in our apartment, so I got to read the Conference issue of the Liahona. Conference was so good!! But, I still liked listening more than I do reading the talks. Haha!
Anyways, this week was a pretty good week other than that. For the time that he was able to go, we worked HARD. So one of the culture things here is that at Christmas, the Christians will put stars on their houses. Like big stars and they put lights in them. It's like Heavenly Father is telling us as missionaries, "Hit this house! I gave you a sign!" Haha it's really nice and it makes it really easy to go tracting because we just look for stars.. It's almost like cheating. We got 2 new investigators, 12 potentials that we are meeting today and tomorrow, and 6 or 7 more houses we want to knock. Why does Christmas have to end? 
We got to go to Rajahmundry again on Friday for Multi-Zone Conference for the Rajahmundry and Vizak zones. I got to see Elder Cuhna and Elder Aydelott from my MTC batch which was fun! And I met some more Elders, so it was just really fun to be there. We got to watch the First Presidency Christmas Devotional which was really good. I really like President Uchtdorf's talk on receiving gifts. It's so true! Especially in America. India they do a little different. It's more of a time where they get to get together in their families and visit/ be with one another. Not many gifts, so my companion doesn't expect anything for Christmas so I am going to get him a couple things for Christmas. 
I still haven't gotten my package yet, but I am anxiously awaiting the day that it arrives! I think that pretty soon I will be sending a package home, so I may need some extra money in my account since I don't know how much that costs! I don't think that it will be a big deal since you are raking in the dough, with all the home renovations and what not ;) haha but the basement looks great! I can't wait to see it in 18 months! I'm almost 1/4 of the way done with my mission.. Crazy!
So when would be the best time to call? I'm thinking that I want to call at like 8 in the morning on Christmas Day here, which would be like 7:30-8:00 PM on Christmas Eve there.. Would that be okay?
Anyways.. I love you all! Do some service back there! Give presents and a Christmas dinner to a family in need or something! It would be really good for all of you! :) 
Love,
Elder Head



No comments:

Post a Comment