Monday, February 11, 2013

Hyderabad 2-10-13


Hello everyone! 
Last weeks letter was really long, so this weeks letter will be a little shorter! 
This week was a pretty good week! We had been really struggling to find people to teach but this week a lot of things came out of the woodworks and we were able to find a lot of new investigators! I felt a lot like Dan Jones because one day, we were teaching a lesson to this family and by the end of the lesson, we had 12 additional people listening to our lesson. It was really cool and I felt like I should have found a soap box and then I could have stood on it and cried repentance. The only thing they had near was a plastic bucket and I know that that won't hold me weight so I decided that maybe it wasn't such a good idea.. But really it was a really good week in that sense! 
However, my companion and I have been having a few struggles. He likes to test my patience, but what he doesn't know is that I don't have too much patience and so it usually just ends up where he does something or says something stupid and I get angry at him.. I know I am not supposed to, but President Funk told me that I am here to help him, but how can I help him if he won't listen to me?! It's okay. Transfers are coming up soon and I think he will be leaving, but I'm not sure. 
I have been happy lately though. Things here are going well! Naturally, I still have trials (sometimes personal study is so hard and it is so early!) but I feel like the Lord is blessing me. As I strive to be obedient, the Lord rewards the effort that we give. That is one blessing that each of us can learn and see. As we follow the commandments and are continually striving to improve, the Lord will bless us. 
I'm very grateful that I get to serve in India! It's a wonderful place to serve and I am so blessed to serve a mission here! 
Love,
Elder Head


Out and about in Hyderabad
No more bikes....autos instead!
Comfortably transports 3
A view from back window of the auto

Busy streets!

Aww!! A little taste of home?!
















No comments:

Post a Comment