Monday, September 10, 2012

September 10, 2012


Hello! 
This week was a pretty good week! We went to Rajahmundry on Tuesday for Zone Training and we learned/re-emphasized the importance of the Book of Mormon, which was really good. Then, on Wednesday, one of our investigators who believes the church is true, but wouldn't commit to baptism finally committed! It was so good and she already has seen blessings for making the decision! She will be interviewed this week and hopefully will be baptized on Sunday! Even better news, the family that we have been teaching and had committed to baptism on the 16th received permission to be baptized! The father decided that they weren't getting baptized and said they could be baptized if they really feel that our church is true. It was so cool to see a miracle happen and I'm so grateful that Heavenly Father answers prayers. 
Church yesterday was pretty good.. I had to play "If You Could Hie to Kolob" which didn't go bad but it definitely was not the best song I have ever played. It reminded me of Spencer. Unfortunately, that family that had their dates for the 16 showed up late for church and therefore we have to push their dates back to the 23, but I'm still so happy! After they showed up late, we went to their house later and gave a lesson on keeping the Sabbath Day holy and the importance of coming to church on time :) haha it was kind of a guilt lesson, but they need to come to church on time to take the sacrament because that is the whole reason we go to church! We had a baptism on Sunday and Elder Taylor performed it. He went to Snow College and said that he knew Amy Sorensen. His name is Jeffrey Taylor, but I think he went by JJ. 
So far, I have been apart of 4 priesthood blessings in India. The peoples faith here is remarkable. They love Jesus Christ so much and it is so fun when they realize that this church is Jesus Christ's church established on the Earth once again. It's so fun and I'm so happy here. The work is hard, but the days go by so fast. The days here feel like weeks and the weeks feel like days. Tomorrow is my month mark in Kakinada! Crazy! I have almost been out on my mission for 3 months! It's so crazy! This week went by so fast, but I'm growing more and more accustomed to being here. I'm starting to really like the food, even though some of it is so hot. I have eaten fish twice so far.. It's so gross! But I've had beef, mutton, chicken, and fish. I'm becoming quite the curry man. And I'm getting really good at eating with my hands. It is so much more difficult than it looks! 
I looked at the pictures, and I can't believe how big Davis is! He is huge! Haha and Mitch looks like a stud in his uniform. So in this surprise package, it would be great to have just a  USB filled with church music and what not. We don't have good speakers for the iPod and the USB would be easier to use. And two Gospel Art Books would be greatly appreciated.. Two because I want one and my companion HAD one, but I accidentally ruined his.. Oops! haha and American candy would be appreciated. Indian candy sucks. Haha well, I don't have anything else to say.. But I love all of you and am so grateful for this work! Have a great week!
Love,
Elder Head :) <3

No comments:

Post a Comment