Monday, September 24, 2012

Interesting week in India :)



Hello everyone!
So this last week was so weird. Monday and Tuesday were normal as usual, but Wednesday and Thursday were so weird and sucked. Because the Ganesh festival started on Wednesday, we were not allowed to leave the apartment for anything. We did a 5 hour Weekly Planning and then deep cleaned the crap out of our apartment (literally). Then on Wednesday night we had just planned this awesome day for Thursday and Zone Leaders called and said that we would not be going out again. So we were stuck in the apartment all day AGAIN. I wanted to jump off the balcony at one point because it was so boring, but the fall isn't far enough to kill me so I figured it would be less painful just to stay inside. Then on Friday, Elder Taylor and I went on exchange with no tags or ties. Haha it was such a weird day going all day without that stuff. We did pretty good work and were happy with how the day went.
On Saturday, Elder Vaiphei and I traveled to Rajahmundry to pick up some cash to pay our bills! Having no power here in India would suck because it gets so hot and we would have no fans or AC. I would have died. After that, Elder Vaiphei and I had another productive day spreading the gospel and what not. Then....Halfway through my letter, the power went out!! Welcome to India :)  Anyways, Sunday was a big day! I played the piano in Sacrament again! And then we had our meetings and then we had a baptismal service for a family that we taught! I baptized the two sisters and Elder Vaiphei baptized the brother. It was kinda scary, but I handled it like a champ. It was so exciting to see the change that they have made from the first day that we met them to now. They are so excited about being members on the church and it is so fun to be a part of it! I also confirmed the sister we baptized last week! Such a cool day! Then, a family had us over for lunch and it was way good. Prawn Biryani. It was very good. Then, the family next door told us that they prepared a dinner for us and asked us to come over. The difference between us and them is that they feed us until we are about to explode! It was so good, but I thought for the whole way home that I was going to throw up. But I didn't! :)
Anyways....It was a good week here, aside from all the Hindu festivals and the tensions between the Muslims, I count it a very good week. I'm so blessed to be here and I am so grateful for the opportunity that I have to serve the Lord.
Love,
Elder Head :) <3

More baptisms


Getting ready

poor little gecko

Ryan's big guns?





Cows...since you can't eat 'em.....you might as well tract with 'em!




No comments:

Post a Comment