Monday, October 8, 2012

October 8, 2012 - 103 days!


Hello everyone! 
This letter is going to be shorter for a multitude of reasons. The first, nothing good happened this week, and secondly, it was a bad week. 
This week was really frustrating for my companion and I because nothing seemed to be going right. We had so many people not showing up for their appointments, or members not showing up for our lessons, and we were really struggling to find new investigators. I guess that just comes with being in the mission field! I'm still in training, but I am so ready to be done with training! It is so boring and an extra hour of companion study is too long! I like it short & then we just head out and get stuff done :) but that is not how it works so I still am training everyday! 
I have learned so much and am so grateful to be here. Every morning is so weird when I get up and look outside and I'm in freaking INDIA! It shouldn't be weird but it still totally is. And every night when I say my prayers and I pray for my family, I miss them until I fall asleep. That really is the only time where I am able to think of home. Most of the time I am too busy to think or worry about anything else. It is totally a good thing because if I had a lot of time to sit and ponder about home I would get so homesick! 
I'm really excited to get this package! I know that it is expensive and I'm sorry that I want to feel loved by getting a package but it will be nice to see what I get :) It is so weird to think that on the 27th of this month, I will have been out for 4 months! It only feels like yesterday that my parents dropped me off on the curb at the MTC. Time flies! 
We get to watch Conference this weekend in Telugu! So I won't understand! :) just kidding! They are going to play it in English too so 5 of us can watch. Rajahmundry is good. We are going back tomorrow for interviews with Mission President. We did not get transfer calls, but this week might be the week. I'm so scared! I don't want Elder Vaiphei to leave.. He has been here for 5 months in Kakinada! He loves it and I love him so he HAS to stay. 
Well, I am out of things to ramble about, but I would really like some G2 pens in my Christmas package. The fine point ones and send like 6-8 refills. Thanks :) 
Love you! 
Elder Head

We also received some clarification on his trip to Washington DC for visa renewal....

So on July 31, 2013 I will leave India and fly back to Washington DC to renew my visa because it is only a one-year missionary visa that I have now. So that's what that is all about. I will serve there until I get my visa and then I will head back to India to finish. 

That is so interesting ;)  We love you Ryan....keep up the good work!  Listening to the great talks from conference will certainly recharge his batteries!  Much love from America <3 <3!!



No comments:

Post a Comment