Monday, March 4, 2013

Hyderabad 3-3-13


Hello everyone! 
Well after the things that went down last week, this week was a much quieter week! However, that did not make the work any easier.. 
With the bomb blast and the political strikes, we have a lot of restrictions on what we can do. We are not allowed to door knock or to talk with people on the street or the bus. We are only allowed to teach our investigators that we have and then members or referrals. This week our district leader decided to change the boundaries of our area and he took the two best finding areas in the 1st Ward and 70% percent of the members.. It was really dumb and I was really upset, but I'm over it now.
So with the changes and the restrictions added to the fact that we have less investigators in our new area, we were stuck with walking all day long with a member list, trying to find members homes. Hyderabad is a huge city and it is a really hard thing to do because addresses in India are stupid and basically don't exist so it is really hard. And it is starting to get really hot so basically it is the worst thing ever right now. But I know that the Lord has something in store for us so I just keep going! I don't want to be like Jonah and have a hard task given me and run away. I am going to conquer the West Marredpally First Ward! 
Yesterday, we had a baptism!! It was a really good service and Abhishek (the investigator) is really good and I love him! I'm so happy that he was finally able to be baptized and he is so excited to be a part of this gospel! This is the joy of missionary work.
I'm grateful for all the love and support that I get. Thanks for everything that you do!
Love,
Elder Head

PS Happy Birthday to Sophie! I love you & can’t believe you’re going to be 14:)



Yoga time!




1st baptism in Hyderabad!

No comments:

Post a Comment