Monday, March 18, 2013

I will go, I will do....


Hello everyone!
So this week was a really good week. Our numbers weren't the best and there are still all of the restrictions, but the Lord blessed me a lot in the past week. 
Early last week, I was very down and depressed. I didn't enjoy my companion and it was becoming very hard to even have the desire to go outside. I didn't want to go out and teach because I felt that either I should teach the entire lesson, of every lesson or just let him teach and I would sit there and say nothing. This went on for a day or so. Then my district leader chastised me. It was exactly what I needed. He told me that I was being like Laman and Lemuel. Then he told me that President Funk is expecting things from me and basically my district leader told me that he was here to train me on how to be a leader. So he then challenged me to be like Nephi. 
That really rocked my world! I didn't want to be like Laman and Lemuel always complaining about hard things. He invited me to read 1 Nephi 17 and I did that and it really changed my perspective on a lot of things. I really turned to the Lord to ask for forgiveness and to help me change. I realized that I was the one at fault, not my companion. I was expecting him to be some master teacher, but really he does his best and works hard and has this unquenchable desire for the work. It was really a good learning experience for me to pray about being humble, patient, and charitable. But really as I tried to emulate those Christlike attributes that the Savior exhibited, the work became considerably easier. I was happier and the work progressed more. It was an awesome experience .
Nothing too much is happening here. There are still a lot of restrictions, but we are continuing to work hard. Things will turn around soon. I think transfers are coming up soon and my district leader said that he thinks that I will become the new district leader here and that Elder Nepali will leave, but I don't know. We'll see. 
I'm really grateful to serve the Lord and to be able to have this wonderful opportunity to live in India! It's an amazing place! Love you! 
Love,
Elder Head

No comments:

Post a Comment