Monday, March 25, 2013

Hyderabad - 9 month mark :)


Hello everyone! 
Most importantly...... HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRANDMA CHERYL!! Your still 64, right? haha! 
Well, this week was a really busy week. We didn't do a whole lot, but it was busy nonetheless and it went by super fast! I can't believe that it is P-Day again already! It's a really nice feeling because I love P-Day! 
It's nice to hear about the family, however, I'm really sad about Grandma Alice.. :( I love her! I hope that she will live until I get back from my mission, but I know that its in God's hands. Really the gospel has changed my perspective on a lot of things. Before my mission, this would have made me so sad, but now my knowledge and testimony of the Plan of Salvation has grown so much and I know exactly what will happen to us. This knowledge really comforts me and blesses me with peace and joy, knowing that our Heavenly Father has created this wonderful plan for us and especially about the Atonement. This past week we had a lot of opportunities to learn about the Atonement and last week, Elder Gong from the First Quorom of the Seventy came and taught us about the Atonement. It was very powerful. I'm so grateful for the Savior who was willing to pay for my sins, die for me, and was resurrected so that I may live again. What a wonderful gospel this is. 
Our area has improved a lot. When I came into the ward, the average sacrament attendance was about 42 and last week had 89 people at sacrament! It was awesome! The Bishop thanked us for our hard work and the ward is really starting to improve and progress. We were able to find new investigators through members and former investigators this week and we are working with one part member family so things are really good! Next week we should have a baptism and so that makes me happy! 
I hope everything in America is going well. I love being in India. Elder Raja told me last week that I truly am an Indian now because I prefer white rice and curry to American food. I have changed! :) 
Thanks for all the love and support! I'm grateful for the Savior and the Atonement. As we lead up to this Easter Sunday, reflect on His Atonement. Remember that Someone greater than you and I suffered everything that we go through. 
Love,
Elder Head


Ryan sent these pictures last night of these adorable little kids!!  He thought they were adorable because they came up to him and asked him for his autograph.......one of the things that we miss about Ryan is the fact that he often would tell us, "Hey guys... I'm kind of a big deal!" Well it appears that he tells people in India that same thing as he is now being asked to sign autographs :)  Ryan would be happy to know that his brother Mitch has taken to the same saying!  Elder Head had a busy p-day today.  He said it is so incredibly hot there now and has to pack lots of water with him. I asked him how he was handling the hot temperatures and he said he's handling it just fine :)  He loves India!  We love Sunday night as we anxiously await his emails and then get to email back and forth with him for a while! The missionary program is awesome! 





No comments:

Post a Comment