Monday, April 22, 2013

Changes coming to the India Bangalore Mission - Hyderabad 4/22/13



Hello everyone! 
Well, this week was a pretty good week! It was a little bit bitter sweet because President Funk came to Hyderabad on Wednesday for the last time because this Friday he is leaving to go back to Salt Lake! It's so weird that he is actually leaving and that President Berrett is coming! But I'm excited to see the change that will happen. Right now our mission is struggling a little bit. With the announcement of our new mission president and all of the news surrounding President Funk, 2013 has been a lackadaisical year so far for the India Bangalore Mission. I'm excited for President Berrett to come because I know that things will change and that they will be different! However, with that being said, I am sad that President Funk is leaving. It's weird that he is going because I have learned so many things from him that will help me so much and I feel like there is so many things that I still have to learn from him but I know that I can learn these things from President Berrett as well! 
The work here in Hyderabad is going okay. Our ward is struggling and we are trying to work hard to help it, but it feels like a total uphill battle. No one in the ward wants to help us and so we are trying to take it on by ourselves and that leaves a lot of stress and pressure on me because now I'm working like directly with the bishop on what we can do to improve the ward and how I can continue to help the missionaries in my district. It's all good though! We are all working hard and doing the best that we can, so I'm pleased and happy with our efforts. 
Our investigators aren't progressing all that well. Our area is a little tough because of the lack of people that are willing to listen. My area extends pretty far away from church (something like 14 km) and we have been working out there more recently. The positives are that the people are more humble (less rich) and willing to listen to what we have to say. The problem is that it is so far away and they are humble so making it to church is kind of a stretch, but we'll see. We're going to continue to work hard our there and do what we can! 
Things with my companion are pretty good! We have found some things in common like reading! So that makes it a little easier to talk and relate when we have something to talk about! It's fun. There is one missionary in my apartment named Elder Britton that is awesome! I really like him a lot and we get along great! It makes it fun! 
Well, that's all for this week! Thanks for all your love and support and everything that you do for me! Pray for me! Love you!
Love,
Elder Head

Elder Head w/ President & Sister Funk
This is their last visit as they are heading to their new assignment.



Elder Head and Elder Justesen


Wow! Now that's a large dinner plate for sure :)

Holi festival - the elders participated after all!!





Elder Head, Elder Nepali and Elder Eames


West Marredpally 1st Ward



No comments:

Post a Comment