Monday, April 15, 2013

In case I didn't tell you, I am now the Stake Choir Pianist.... - Hyderabad 4-15-13


Hello everyone!! 
Sorry Mom and Dad that we weren't able to talk at all today.. We had a pretty busy day here in Hyderabad! 
Well, this week was a pretty crazy week. We had transfers and so we had Elder's leaving and we also had Elder's coming and I was in charge for our district. It was a busy day on Monday as Elder Eames had to deregister from Hyderabad so that he then could register in Rajahmundry. Tuesday was a bund outside so we were not allowed to go outside, so we spent the day inside while those two packed and I practiced hymns on the mini-keyboard I have in our apartment. (In case I didn't tell you, I am now the Stake Choir Pianist..) That was pretty fun to just get to sit and play the piano. Wednesday the new Elder's were supposed to come, but only the other companionship came. My companion was delayed one day so I showed the other companionship around their area and took them to some member's homes that will be able to help them. Thursday, my companion came! He is exactly what I remember from the MTC! I thought that one or both of us would change on our mission, but I guess neither of us really changed all that much, but we found something in common so hopefully we can talk about that until we find something else in common to talk about... Friday we spent outside proselyting which was nice and we met some people. Now for the best part...
CONFERENCE WAS AWESOME! I loved all the talks and I think I only dozed off twice.... (I'm a disobedient missionary.. Sorry to disappoint!) I really liked the Priesthood session! I thought that it was very cool that they talked so much about missionary work and especially when President Eyring called out the ward mission leaders! Ours was there and he just sheepishly looked at me because we both knew that he was slacking! Haha! But Conference was good because it gave me a chance to recharge my batteries and get ready for the next phase of my mission. I really liked Elder Bednar's talk on the Law of Chastity. The world needs to hear his talk because even here in India the world is starting to take a toll on the culture here. It's becoming very western and the standards are quickly dropping. That was very refreshing! President Monson's talk was really good on obedience. It really helped me to have it in perspective just how important being obedient really is. I really enjoyed that because obedience as a missionary is like the most important thing. 
Well, that's all for this week. Thanks for all the love and support that I get! I love you all so much! Have a great week! 
Love,
Elder Head

No comments:

Post a Comment