Monday, April 29, 2013

Elder Head reporting from India! 4-29-13

Hello Everyone!
Elder Head reporting from India!
This week was a pretty weird week...I have been a district leader for all of 3 weeks and....We already had one missionary in my district go home! He was from Delhi and he had some family problems, which is the main force for his departing. However, he told my companion that he didn't like being in the same district as Elder Britton and I because we are obedient and we made him work hard. He said that this is the first time in his mission that he has actually had to work....I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing, but we will just keep pushing on and working hard. Elder Britton's new companion comes tonight. He is from Rajahmundry and he knows the local language which will be really nice!
The work this week is kind of suffered a little bit. With that Elder going, we were in a threesome here and trying to do work for both sides in one day was a little bit difficult, plus the fact that there were three Americans together and we can say that we enjoyed! We worked, but there was a lot to do and less time to do it, so we are grateful and excited that Elder Britton's companion is coming as soon as he is!
Things here in Hyderabad are awesome! I got a call from one of our investigators the other day saying that he talked to my mother on Facebook...Haha it was really funny and really weird...Don't abuse Facebook mom :) you can't beat the system!! It was a fun week though and we have some good investigators that I think will progress and learn well. I'm excited about the prospects of this time that I have here and so I'm going to do the best with what I have got! I have learned some degree of patience on my mission and I teach people about enduring to the end so I must practice what I preach!
Also, Happy Birthday Jake!! Even though I'm halfway around the world, I still think about you! Congrats on turning 8 and now you can be baptized! That's so cool! You are way lucky to be baptized in Jesus' Church! He is going to be so proud of you!
Thanks for all the love and support!
Love you!
Elder Head



Haha!! well now that Ryan has made me sound like a Facebook freak.....I will defend my facebook chat :)  I checked Ryan's page to see if he had anything new on there...friend's mission calls etc. I noticed that he had friend requests and some were obviously from some of his India friends. I took a screenshot of the requests and sent him the picture in dropbox and asked him if he knew these people. He said yes, he did and please accepted their requests.  So I went back and accepted them and two of his friends from India saw that he was online and immediately started messaging him. I informed them that he can't check his Facebook page and that I, his mom, was updating his blog and friend requests.  They were so nice and said nice things about Elder Head and one friend from Kakinada, whom Elder Head had baptized he and his wife while serving there, wanted to know where he was currently serving. It was fun to hear from them and now I have a friend that lives in India....my international Facebook friends :)  HA!!

Elder Head's mission president and his wife left India last Friday. He has been called as the second counselor in the Asia Area Presidency.  President and Sister Berrett will arrive in India on May 9th.


No comments:

Post a Comment