Monday, November 26, 2012

Namaste!!


Namaste! 
That means "greetings" in Telugu! 
So this week was a weird week. My companion is brand new and so I have to show him all around our area and introduce him to all of our members, investigators, and other people. It's weird being in charge and being the one who knows everyone. My last companion was here 7 months and knew all the members so I didn't have to. But now that he is gone, I have to be the one who knows everyone. It's not a big deal and I enjoy going out of my way to meet the people in the branch and so it's all good.
The work went really SLOW this week. We had those three baptisms last week and another this week, and with those four baptisms, we now have ZERO investigators. We are basically starting from the bottom and working our way back up. I have the faith and I know that if my companion and I work hard, are obedient, and work efficiently that the Lord will bless us and that we will be able to find people to teach.
We were able to take part in our branch's Missionary Fireside and that was really good! It started at 6, but no one showed up until about 6:45 PM (Indian standard time is to always be LATE) but once things started it was super good. I took a bunch of pictures and hung out with the members. It was really fun and I enjoyed it a lot. One bad thing came from it though... I gave my SD card to the branch to copy the pictures I took onto the Branch system and I got a virus on it that deleted like all of my that I had just taken, including the baptismal pictures from the 25th. It's super annoying but one of the members is diligently working to fix it. 
First Thanksgiving away from home and we COMPLETELY spaced it. It's hard to celebrate an American holiday in India I guess. 
My new companion is great, just takes a little bit of adjusting to get used to! I love him and he is pushing me a lot to become better and work hard. I love being here and am constantly seeing ways that I have changed. It's weird! I'm glad everything and everyone is going well back on the homefront. Know that all of you are in my prayers! Love you! 

Love,
Elder Head

No comments:

Post a Comment