Monday, January 28, 2013

A little bit unsafe in Hyderabad....what??


Hello everyone! 
Sorry Mom and Dad that I came to the Internet Cafe a little bit later than usual today.. Some interesting things are going on here in Hyderabad that make it a little bit unsafe for us to go outside so more than half of last week we were just stuck inside our apartment. Today is an inside day, except they said we could go email our families and then go buy some food so we don't starve ;) don't worry! Everything is fine, they are just taking some precautions to help make sure that everything is good.
This week was a pretty lame week. We have one investigator who is preparing to be baptized on the 3rd! I'm very excited to dunk someone in Hyderabad! It's been like two months since this ward has had any baptisms and they are getting a little nervous.. But luckily Elder Head is serving in this ward ;) haha! But he is progressing really well and loves the gospel and church. It's amazing to see how the gospel changes peoples lives! The Spirit really works miracles as we are obedient and work hard. It's going really well. I love being in this area! It's such a cool place! 
We had a Specialized Zone Training meeting and President Funk came for two days to train us on how to be missionaries! We are going back to the basics and learning how to work hard and teach by the Spirit. It was really good to be with him and Sister Funk. They definitely are called by God to lead this mission. They are in their final six months though! It's so weird! I will miss them. President Funk and I had an interview and he told me that my companion has improved so much since the last time they met. His English is improving and so is his teaching. He told me I was doing a good job! Which I really needed, because lately I've been kind of getting frustrated with him lately.. (Surprise!) I still love him though. 
Elder Newbill got transferred from Kakinada to Hyderabad and so now we are in the same zone again! I love that kid! He is super! 
This is for Sister Jacobs for the ward.. Hello Riverview 2nd Ward! Namaste! I hope everything is going really well over there! Things here in India are great! I have officially been serving for 7 months now and I have grown so much! I would encourage all the youth to prepare for a mission. It really is such a blessing to me, to the people I serve, and to my family. I heard about the 100 day Book of Mormon challenge. That's a great idea! The Book of Mormon is so special and important. Treasure it and apply what you learn and Heavenly Father will bless you in every aspect of your life. Remember that the gospel will bring you more happiness in your life than anything else ever could. No matter the circumstance, no matter the situation, remember that you are a child of God and that He loves you. Trust in Him and everything will be just fine :) 
Well, I love all of you! Thanks for the love and support! 
Love,
Elder Head



No comments:

Post a Comment